Crafting Compelling Characters (Morning Option One)
Saturday 27 July 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Learn how to create characters your readers will love with award-winning author Lizzi Tremayne, who writes historical and contemporary suspense, women’s, YA, and veterinary fiction.
Lizzi grew up riding wild in the Santa Cruz Mountain redwoods, became an equine veterinarian at UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine and practiced in the Gold and Pony Express Country of California before emigrating to New Zealand. She is the proud mother of two boys in that sea of green. When she’s not writing, she’s swinging a rapier or shooting a bow in medieval garb, riding or driving a carriage, playing in the garden on her hobby farm, singing, cooking, being an equine veterinarian or high school science teacher. She is multiply published and awarded in special interest magazines and veterinary periodicals.
With her debut novel, A Long Trail Rolling, she was Finalist 2013 RWNZ Great Beginnings; Winner 2014 RWNZ Pacific Hearts Award for the unpublished full manuscript; Winner 2015 RWNZ Koru Award for Best First Novel and third in Koru Long Novel section; and finalist in the 2015 Best Indie Book Award.
Lizzi’s two current series are: The Long Trails saga of Historical Suspense / Women’s Fiction novels and the Once Upon a Vet School series of 14 semi-autobiographical, age-relative works of Contemporary Women’s Fiction / Autobiographies.
Prices inclusive of Eventbrite fees. Early Bird Sale ends Sunday 30th June 11:30pm.
We hope to see you at the Words Will Work - South Auckland Writers Festival: Saturday 27 July, 2019
Tickets for some sessions may sell out prior to the festival.
Tickets from Eventbrite
- Early Bird ticket sale ends 30 June 2019
- Full price ticket sale ends 26 July 2019
- Door-sales during the festival are cash or card (EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard). Allow time to be directed to our administration desk at Nathan Homestead
- Refunds Policy: No Refunds
- Tickets are e-mailed by Eventbrite, our ticketing agent. You can either display the ticket on your phone, or bring a printed copy. You can optionally access your tickets using the Eventbrite mobile app, or from Eventbrite website www.eventbrite.co.nz